Emotional Bank Accounts
Things to think about when you are creating trust and dealing with peoples emotional bank accounts.
- What constitutes a “deposit” to one person may not to another.
- Withdrawals are typically larger than deposits.
- It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
In general withdrawals can have 10, 20 or even 100 times greater impact than deposits.
- Sometimes the fastest way to build trust is to stop making withdrawals.
- Recognize that each relationship has two trust accounts. The way you perceive the amount of trust is a relationship and the way the other person perceives it may be different. So it’s generally wise to think of any relationship in terms of two accounts.
There are no facts, Only Interpretations.